When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kenny Drew / Niels-Henning Orsted Pederson - Duo 2

It's late at night, the lights are off and with only the glow of the streetlamps through the window, the Sandman evades me. This record spins on the turntable, and the warm glass of bourbon feels good in my hand.
I should have been asleep hours ago but I found myself wandering the apartment and this seemed like the best way to settle down.



The other selections are inspired, don't get me wrong. A couple of Drew originals and a couple of standards. They keep the lp grounded.


Kenny Drew/NHO Pederson
Duo 2

1. Jeg Gik Mig Over So
2. Largo
3. My Little Suede Shoes
4 Trubell
5. Bluesology
6. Viking's Blues
7. A Child Is Born
8. It Might As Well Be Spring
9. My Shining Hour


Kenny Drew - piano
Niels-Henning Orsted Pederson - bass

Recorded 2/11-12/74, Copenhagen

IC 2010

No comments: