When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dizzy Gillespie - New Wave

It's late at night. It's hot out. I'm half in the bag. This record washes over me like a warm breeze. The only relief is in the quiet passages. What makes a man start fires on a night like this?

Dizzy cooks one up. This is Diz in full Caribe mode. Even the production makes this for a spot on period piece.

Does anybody really give a shit who plays on it? You couldn't tell by the comments on past postings.

Thank goodness there are people out there, filling their blogs with great OOP stuff. Keeps me thinking this might actually be worthwhile, keeping these records out there, so they don't drop into obscurity.


Sounds very altruistic, no? Screw that! These are great records I want to share, even with only 10 of my "i never met 'em" best friends.

So here's a vinyl rip of a decent Diz lp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks on this one.
Probably my favourite Dizzy group.