When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Herbie Hancock Trio - NYC 1993

Here's another recording supplied by Six String - make sure you thank him.

This is actually a very good live date by Hancock, a player I had given up on many years before.

Not that I thought any less of Hancock, anyone with a career as long lived as his is gonna be susceptible to ups and downs. I just really hadn't given him much thought at all.

Of course he had a string of classic BN lps and that is where these performances are mined from. Bookended with a pair of Cole Porter classics...we're gonna need some help with track 4.


Herbie Hancock Trio
NYC 1993

1. I Love You
2. One Finger Snap
3. Maiden Voyage
4.
5. Cantaloupe Island
6. Just One Of Those Things

HH - piano
Jeff Littleton - bass
Gene Jackson - drums

unknown venue

Here Tis

3 comments:

MrBill said...

I'm afraid I can't identify #4 - but thanks for this great performance by HH!

Matt said...

Thank you so much for all the great recordings. I think I can identify Track #4: it's a piece by Béla Bartók entitled "Ostinato" (here for two pianos). Herbie Hancock performed it with Chick Corea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKj6TdCct8A

Andy said...

Thank you. Love acoustic Herbie. :)