When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Say It Loud - Lou Donaldson


I was reading recently where a guy was asking for advice. Lou Donaldson was making an appearence and should he bother to go. I guess since he's in his 80's, Lou doesn't blow as forcefully as he once did, but what a gem. I wouldn't pass up the chance to see an icon like this for nothing.

I was really happy when I scored this record for just a couple of bucks out of a dusty box.


Taken from a Blue Note 84299 vinyl
1. Say it Loud I'm Black and I'm Proud
2. Summertime
3. Caravan
4. Snake Bone
5. Brother Soul


Lou Donaldson - alto
Blue Mitchell - trumpet
Jimmy Ponder - guitar
Charles Earland - organ
Leo Morris - drums

6 comments:

cheeba said...

Howdy Hookfinger! Nice score ifrom the dollar bins!

I've linked to this page in the Lou Donaldson discography overe here:

http://soundological.blogspot.com/2008/10/lou-donaldson-color-as-way-of-life.html

Thanks!

Hookfinger said...

Thanks cheeba - nice blog btw. look for me around.

Chris Ward said...

Thanks a lot for this album, I've never seen this around before. Lou is one of the best.
Cheers
Chris

OldHippieRick said...

gee I finally found this LP to only discover the link is dead /;-( but what was good news is I found your blog.. If you do re-load that link how about a shout out @ renagaemusic@yahoo.com
thanks ~ rick from
http://oldhippierick.blogspot.com/
Jazz and Blues All Day

very sweet blog

Hookfinger said...

Rick - Didn't realize the link was deleted. Fucking trolls. Will re up as soon as I find the file. Ha!

Hookfinger said...

new link...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nyumh9