When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Sunday, January 22, 2012

DJ Theme Somgs



There was a time I was living on the outskirts of Chicago. I lived in a basement bedroom and WDCB was a ray of light in my dismal existence.Things are far better now but I still enjoy listening to these recordings of some of the shows I made back then. Saved my soul, they did.

This is just one of those shows. If I ran a radio station, I would love to play this stuff. It's short, but certainly worth your time. Enjoy.

Songs written for or inspired by Disc Jockeys

1. One For Daddy - O
2. Chicago
3. Coral Reef
4. At Long Last Love
5. Be-Bop Charlie
6. Nasty Magnus
7. The Mark of Jazz

1. The Cannonball Adderly Sextet
2. Count Basie/Tony Bennett
3. Neal Hefti
4. Frank Sinatra
5. Bob Florence
6. Count Basie
7. Maynard Ferguson

another radio show

No comments: