When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Friday, April 17, 2009

Eugenie Baird Sings..

...Duke's Boys Play...Ellington.
The second in this series brings us a vocalist and a later day and somewhat stripped down version of the orchestra. My copy is an old Pickwick release I believe although it has a catalog number DLP 93 and a stereo compatible sticker covering some info. the band listing is limited to the front cover and lists only:
Tyree Glenn - Trombone and Vibes
James Taft Jordan - Trumpet
Ben Webster - Tenor Sax
Wendell Marshall - Bass
David Rivera - Piano
and others..
Mercer Ellington - Arranger and Conductor

Other than this I know nothing but enjoy these...

1. I'm Beginning To See The Light
2. In A Sentimental Mood
3. Something To Live For
4. Mood Indigo
5. Everything But You
6. I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart
7. Lush Life
8. Solitude
9. Pass Me By
10. Well Well

Duke

No comments: